Adolescent Orthodontics in Woodland Hills, CA
Are you looking for an orthodontist for your preteen or teen? At Orthodontics in Woodland Hills, we understand the unique needs of our younger orthodontic patients in Woodland Hills, CA. Early treatment can lead to a lifelong smile, and we want you to be as informed as possible. This article will explore the significance of adolescent orthodontics and how you can take the first step toward your teenager’s healthy smile.
Achieve the Perfect Smile for Your Teen
Building Healthy Smiles from the Start
Finding the perfect orthodontic care for your teenager is crucial for ensuring your child gets the best care they need. At our practice, we understand the needs of our teenage patients and use the most advanced tools to ensure they get the best outcomes. Trust us to provide top-notch care for your child.
What’s Different About Adolescent Orthodontics?
Adolescent orthodontics is a specialized branch of orthodontics that specializes in the dental needs of teenagers. This stage of life is significant for dental and facial development, and it’s an ideal time for orthodontic intervention. Several factors distinguish adolescent orthodontics from other age groups.
- Growth and Development: Including dental and facial changes, adolescence is a time of rapid growth and development. The bones and teeth are still malleable, making alignment issues and misalignments easier to treat.
- Maturity: Teenagers are generally more cooperative with orthodontic treatment because they have the emotional and cognitive maturity to understand oral health’s importance and diligently follow treatment plans.
- Social Factors: Adolescents are often more self-aware, and orthodontic issues can significantly impact their self-esteem. Orthodontic treatment can often boost their confidence and overall well-being.
- Age-Appropriate Treatments: Adolescent orthodontics considers the needs of teenagers, offering age-appropriate treatment options to suit their preferences.
Why Early Orthodontic Treatment Matters
Early orthodontic intervention during adolescence is crucial for several reasons. The primary goal of orthodontics is to correct misalignments, bite issues, and malocclusion to achieve a healthy, functional, and healthy smile. Here’s why beginning treatment in the adolescent years is so important:
- Effective Correction: The teenage years provide an ideal window of opportunity to correct orthodontic problems effectively. The bones and teeth are still growing, making it easier to guide the structures to the desired positions.
- Preventing Complications: Focusing on orthodontic issues in adolescence can help avoid severe problems in adulthood, such as gum disease, jaw pain, and speech difficulties.
- Improved Oral Health: Properly aligned teeth are easier to clean and maintain, reducing the risk of cavities, gum disease, and other oral health problems.
Book a free assessment at our Woodland Hills office to set your child’s smile up for success.
Adolescent Orthodontic Treatments in Woodland Hills, CA
At Orthodontics in Woodland Hills, we offer adolescent orthodontic treatments specially designed for our young patients in Woodland Hills, CA. Our orthodontic team will assess your teenager’s oral health and develop a treatment plan. Some of the treatment options we provide:
Traditional braces consist of metal brackets and wires, but our modern braces are more comfortable and less noticeable than ever before.
Invisalign for Teens
Invisalign offers a discreet and convenient option for teenagers. These clear aligners are almost invisible and custom-made.
Retainers are essential in maintaining the results of your teen’s orthodontic treatment. We will design a personalized retainer plan for your teenager to ensure their teeth remain corrected.
In some cases, orthodontic issues are related to jaw development. We offer growth modification treatments that can guide jaw growth to correct bite problems.
Palatal expanders widen the upper jaw when needed. They can address issues like crowding and crossbites, creating space for properly aligned teeth.
These appliances address specific bite problems by adjusting the jaw’s positioning. They are particularly effective in correcting overbites and underbites.
Why Are Retainers Needed After Treatment
Retainers are a crucial part of any orthodontic treatment plan, and they play a vital role in maintaining the results achieved through braces, Invisalign, or other orthodontic therapies. Once your teenager’s braces come off, retainers ensure that their teeth remain in their corrected positions. Here’s why retainers are necessary:
- Stabilize Tooth Movement: After orthodontic treatment, the teeth may want to return to their original positions. Retainers hold them in place, allowing the bones and tissues to adapt to the new alignment.
- Prevent Relapse: Without retainers, teeth can slowly return to their original position. Relapse can undo all the progress made during orthodontic treatment.
- Customized to Your Teen: We design retainers for your teenager’s unique dental structure so treatments are comfortable and effective.
- Long-Term Oral Health: By wearing retainers as prescribed, your teenager can enjoy the long-term oral health benefits of orthodontic treatment, such as easier cleaning, reduced risk of gum disease, and improved speech and chewing function.
- Gradual Reduction: The frequency of retainer wear will decrease over time. However, your teenager needs to wear their retainers as directed by our orthodontic team.
Your Teen’s Length of Treatment
The length of orthodontic treatment varies from patient to patient, depending on the complexity of the issues being addressed. The average treatment duration for adolescents typically falls within 18 to 24 months, but this is only a general guideline.
During the initial consultation at Orthodontics in Woodland Hills, our orthodontists will comprehensively evaluate your teen’s oral health and develop a personalized treatment plan. Factors influencing the length of treatment include the severity of the orthodontic issues, the type of treatment chosen, and individual patient responsiveness.
Reserve a Consultation
If you believe your teenager could benefit from orthodontic treatment, don’t hesitate to schedule a consultation at Orthodontics in Woodland Hills. Our orthodontist in Woodland Hills, CA, takes pride in offering orthodontic care tailored to the needs of adolescents. Contact us today!
Questions Answered on This Page
- What’s Different About Adolescent Orthodontics?
- Why Early Orthodontic Treatment Matters
- Adolescent Orthodontic Treatments in Woodland Hills, CA
- Why Are Retainers Needed After Treatment
- Your Teen’s Length of Treatment
Definition of common braces terminology
Braces: Fixed orthodontic appliances, usually made of ceramic or metal, and consisting of brackets and wire designed to align teeth.
Brackets: The tiny metal, ceramic or clear plastic supports that are affixed to each individual tooth on the arch.
Clear Aligner Trays: Clear aligners are transparent trays that are worn over teeth to move into proper alignment.
Expander: An orthodontic appliance that can widen the jaws.
Orthodontist: A dentist who has been specially trained to do orthodontics.
Open Bite: A condition in which the upper and lower teeth fail to come together. This type of malocclusion is generally classified as anterior or posterior.
Crowding: Crowding is the lack of space for all the teeth to fit normally within the jaws.
Crossbite: A malocclusion in which the upper back teeth bite inside or outside the lower back teeth, or the lower front teeth bite in front of the upper front teeth.
The Orthodontics in Woodland Hills Experience
- Comfortable Environment
- Friendly and skilled professionals
- Affordable Financing Options
- Cutting-Edge Technology
Hear From Our Patients
Book Your Free Consultation Today
The first step to the smile of your dreams
About our Orthodonticsry
- CA (License #
51188). View License Information
- Insurance: We work with most insurance providers.
- Financing Options: We offer easy orthodontic financing options.
- We serve patients from the following counties: Los Angeles
- We serve patients from the following cities: Woodland Hills and its nearby cities, including Agoura Hills, Calabasas, Canoga Park, Chatsworth, Encino, Hidden Hills, Reseda, Tarzana, Topanga, West Hills, and Winnetka.
- Have Questions? Please feel free to contact us at 818-225-0530